Secretary Branch is Corporation's allocated branch which is governed by the rules and regulation prescribed under the BPMC Act -1949.
The Secretary Branch shall put up the proposal received from Municipal Commissioner or any Councilor before the concern committees.
Prime Duties of Secretary Branch
The Secretary Branch shall perform such duties as is directed by or under the BPMC Act with regard to the Corporation and the Standing Committee as shall be required by those bodies respectively. The Secretary Branch has the custody of Municipal Seal. As per the provisions of the BPMC Act, 1949, the Municipal Seal must be affixed on each & every contract executed between the party & Municipal Corporation in the witness of two councilors of existing Standing Committee. All papers and documents connected with proceedings of General Board, Standing committee and other committees are maintained by Secretary Branch.
Further Relevant Duties
The Branch shall have to deliver the Agenda of business to each of Councilors to their last known address. Each notice of the meeting shall be given specifying the date, time and place where the business mentioned in the same shall be carried out, by the Secretary Branch. There is a special provision for the notice of the meeting of General Board that the same shall be published in a daily news paper having substantial circular and, as far as practicable.
Keeping of Minutes and submission of Report
- The keeping of minute of the meeting is aim work for the Secretary Branch. A minute shall be kept by the Municipal Secretary of the names of the members present and of the proceeding at each meeting of the General Board and each various committee's meeting in a book to be provided for Minutes book of the all Special committees, the General Board and Standing committee shall at all reasonable time be open at the Municipal Secretary's office for inspection by any existing councilor free of charge and by any other person on payment of a fee of fifty paise only.
- Provided that the minutes book of the legal committee shall not be open to inspect by any person other than councilor.
- Provided further that inspection of the minutes book as referred above shall be given only in respect of the preceding twelve calendar months.
- The Secretary Branch has to follow the smooth function of every meeting of General Board, Standing Committee and other Special Committees.
- Under the Provisions of Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporations Act , 1949, Section - 4, the powers have been vested in three Distinct Statutory Authorities :
The Secretary Branch shall be under the control and supervision of the Standing Committee.
Receipt of Proposal: The aim work of Secretary Branch is to receive the proposal from Various Department through the proper Channel like Municipal Commissioner, Chief Auditor or any councilor of the body etc.
Prepare the Agenda: All the proposals should be put on the agenda of concerned Committees as per it received Sequence for last inward number.
Resolution: In the meeting of all Committees, they must follow the agenda for their work discussion and give the opinion/decision to pass the resolution for particular work of the same.
Resolution number sequence: The Secretary Branch should follow the Sequence carry forward resolution number of last committee meeting's allotted to previous work agenda, the number start at every succeeding year to carry forward for last day of the same year.
Dispatch the Relevant File to their Concerned with Resolution: After resolution procedure the department should forward the relevant proposal file with resolution to the Municipal Commissioner, Chief Auditor or the relevant channel from where it received for the approval.